Alcohol and Other Drugs Support Program
WONDERING IF YOU, OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW MIGHT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ALCOHOL OR DRUGS?
Moogji Aboriginal Council aims to provide the health and wellbeing of all in our community where Alcohol and Drug use is an issue.
We offer Care and Recovery Support, to assist people to get connected and change their relationship with substance abuse.
We offer several appointment types such as:
- Outreach (we come to you)
- Remote (telephone/video link)
- In office (Face-to-face)
- We offer a free and confidential service.
Our Alcohol and Other Drugs workers offer the following:
- Information about the effects of Alcohol and Drug use on your physical, mental, and spiritual health.
- Helping you to reduce the harms to you and others from Drug and Alcohol use.
- Practical strategies and techniques to control or reduce use.
- Support plans to prepare and cease Drug and Alcohol use.
- Relapse prevention tools and techniques.
- Information, education, and support for families affected by substance.
- Advocacy and referral.
- Cultural support.
Care and Recovery Support
- Our care and recovery support offers you an agreed plan to meet your recovery challenges.
- Support and Connection (Outreach, Remote, phone, video or in office).
- Referrals to Rehab, Detox, Legal, Financial Services or Family Services.
- Referrals to Doctors, Counsellors, and other Health Care Specialists.
- Involvement with local community.
- Care before and after treatment.
- Introductions to peer-based support programs.
- Cultural Support.
DID YOU KNOW YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE ABORIGINAL OR TORRES STRAIGHT ISLANDER TO ACCESS THIS PROGRAM?
WE ARE AVAILABLE TO ALL COMMUNITY!